Walt Disney World Welcomes Dog Guests
Disney Parks confirmed they will be welcoming pups to select Walt Disney World Resorts starting October 15th.
The four Disney World Resorts that are participating in the dog friendly stays (with a daily pet cleaning fee of course) are
- Art of Animation $50/night
- Port Orleans Riverside $50/night
- Yacht Club $75/night
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness $50/night
Each accommodating guest room has easy access to outdoor pet walkways so they can stretch their legs and some green spaces to take care of business.
I love that there is a range for all budgets from value to deluxe resorts. I would love to walk my furry babies around Port Orleans Riverside or Fort Wilderness the most!
The rules are, there's a maximum of 2 dogs per guest room. Your dogs better be on their best behavior and remember they have to be on a leash when in public resort areas. All pups must be properly vaccinated too.
How does Disney welcome their dog guests?
- Pluto is excited to have some visiting friends so at check-in a Pluto Welcome Kit is given that includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and a dog walking map. Last but not least a Pluto "Privacy Please" door hanger to let the staff know that the room is occupied by dogs.
- If you dog wants to take a day out of the resort, they can head over to Best Friends Pet Care which is a full service pet daycare that has a vast array of pet services. Fees apply.
- Pet merchandise that has already been a hit in the parks is coming to the participating resorts.
Are you and your pups excited to vacation together in the most magical place on earth? Mine are!