Walt Disney World Closes for Hurricane Irma
Today Walt Disney Company announced the closing of Walt Disney World based on the most current forecasts of Hurricane Irma. Disney World has only closed 4 times since opening in 1971. The last time was for Hurricane Matthew in 2016.
Walt Disney World will close early on Saturday September 9th and will remain closed through Monday, September 11th. WDW are hoping to reopen Tuesday, September 12th. The resorts will remain open.
Please check the Disney Website for updates on Hurricane Irma.
Park Specific Closure Dates and Times per Walt Disney World
- Blizzard Beach: Closed Friday, September 8th - Monday, September 11th
- Typhoon Lagoon: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 5:00pm - Monday, September 11th
- ESPN World Wide of Sports: Closed Saturday, September 9th - Monday, September 11th
- Animal Kingdom: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 7:00pm - Monday, September 11th
- Saturday, September 9th Rivers of Light performance is canceled
- Hollywood Studios: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 7:00pm - Monday, September 11th
- Saturday, September 9th Fantasmic! and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular performances are canceled
- Epcot: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 9:00pm - Monday, September 11th
- Saturday, September 9th Illuminations Reflections of Earth performance is canceled
- Magic Kingdom: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 9:00pm - Monday, September 11th
- Saturday, September 9 Happily Ever After fireworks performance is canceled
- Disney Springs: Closing early Saturday, September 9th at 9:00pm - Monday, September 11th
The Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for Sunday September 10th has been canceled. If you had previously purchased tickets for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for Sunday, September 10th, guests can exchange their event ticket for one of the following options Disney provides:
- Tickets to attend another Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- 1 Day Magic Your Way Ticker with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next 2 years
- Receive a full refund for the event tickets
To redeem call (407) 939-7818 By January 31st, 2018.
Disney will also not be enforcing the dining reservation cancellation policy, so no there is no need to worry about cancelling your dining reservations. If you had a pre-paid dining experience such as Cinderella's Royal Table, they will automatically be canceled and refunded.
For further information on the closures, refunds, cancellations, or private events see the Disney FAQs regarding their hurricane policy.